How to Scan amiibo on Nintendo Switch
Instructions for scanning an amiibo figure or amiibo card using the Nintendo Switch console.
- amiibo figures and amiibo cards are compatible with select titles only. For information on game compatibility with amiibo, click here.
- In order to use amiibo, some games may require a software update.
Complete These Steps:
- Ensure your console has the latest system update.
- Start the amiibo-compatible game and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Note: You may need to look up the software manual for information on where in the game you can use amiibo.
- Touch the amiibo to the NFC touchpoint.
- On the Joy-Con controllers, the NFC touchpoint is located on the Right Stick.
- On the Pro Controller, the NFC touchpoint is located over the Nintendo Switch logo at the top-center of the controller.
- On Nintendo Switch Lite, the NFC touchpoint is located on the Right Stick.