Buttons are sticky or are stuck down
Try cleaning the buttons of the Wii Remote using the cleaning instructions below, being sure to follow the directions carefully.
What you will need:
- 1 clean toothbrush (no toothpaste on it)
- 1 cup of warm tap water
- 1 paper towel
- Remove the batteries from the Wii Remote.
- Get a clean toothbrush (no toothpaste) and a cup of warm tap water (not too hot). Do NOT pour or submerge the Wii Remote in any type of liquid.
- Slightly dip the toothbrush in the water (the toothbrush should not be dripping wet) and scrub the area of the Wii Remote around the buttons.
- Work the bristles down around the sides of the buttons.
- After cleaning the Wii Remote, dry it off with a paper towel.
- Let the Wii Remote air dry with the buttons facing down for at least a couple of hours.
- Test the Wii Remote for proper response.
- Repeat the steps if necessary.
If the buttons are still sticky after cleaning, the Wii Remote will need to be replaced. Our experience shows that this type of problem is usually caused by physical damage and not covered under Nintendo's warranty. You can purchase a replacement at retail stores that sell Nintendo products.