Wii U Pro Controller Battery Removal
Step-by-step instructions for removing the battery in a Wii U Pro Controller.
For information on disposing of the battery, contact your local solid waste authority.
- The Wii U Pro Controller uses a lithium-ion battery.
- Turn off the Wii U console and disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the controller.
- Use a crosshead style, size #00 screwdriver to avoid damage to the screw or threads.
Removing the battery
- Loosen the screw and remove the battery cover.
- The battery cover is designed so the screw can be loosened, but not fully removed.
- Remove the battery by inserting the Wii U GamePad stylus under it and gently lifting the edge.
Disposing of used batteries
- Completely cover the positive and negative ends of the battery with tape.
- Do not remove the label.
- Do not break or try to disassemble the battery.
This product uses a lithium-ion battery. Lithium-ion batteries contain potentially reactive chemicals and should be properly recycled.
Please bring used batteries to the nearest recycling centre.