How to Add Funds in Nintendo eShop Using Credit Cards
Step-by-step instructions on how to add funds to Nintendo eShop using a credit card.
As of September 2019, credit cards cannot be used to add funds on systems in the Nintendo 3DS family or Wii U consoles.
What to Do:
- Ensure that the Nintendo Network ID (NNID) on your system is linked to a Nintendo Account.
- See here for more information on how to create a Nintendo Account.
- See here for instructions on how to link a Nintendo Network ID to a Nintendo Account.
- Visit https://ec.nintendo.com/my/balance_add, select the payment method you would like to use and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- Once you have added funds to your NNID this way, you can use them both on the Nintendo website and directly within Nintendo eShop on your system.