Issue regarding transferring Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus save data to Wii Fit U
On November 13th 2013, a software update was released to fix a save data transfer error that affected a small number of users who transferred save data from Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus to Wii Fit U Trial Version.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience. Please connect your Wii U console to the Internet and start the game to update the software.
Downloading the software update
Connect your Wii U console to the Internet and start the game to update the software.
Please note: updates can be downloaded and installed automatically if standby functions are enabled within your Wii U console's System Settings.
If you have downloaded Wii Fit U Trial Version after the update was released (13/11/2013), you will be required to download and install the latest update accordingly using the above method.
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.
If you are not able to connect to the Internet to download the software update, we recommend following the steps below to resolve this error.
Conditions that may produce the error
This error may occur in instances when all of the following conditions are met:
- Two or more sets of user data were created in Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus, and the data created earlier was deleted
- A Mii character used in Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus is registered in Mii Maker on Wii U
- The data from Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus is transferred to Wii U
How to resolve this error
If you encounter this error, it can be resolved by deleting any Mii characters in the Mii Maker on Wii U that were used in Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus. After doing so, please start Wii Fit U and transfer user data.
If the Mii character that needs to be deleted is associated with a user account, please follow the steps below to change the user's Mii character.
- From the user selection screen, highlight the user.
- Select "User Settings".
- Select "View/Modify User Information".
- Select "Next" or press the A Button and enter the user's password.
- Select "Change Mii", and select a different Mii character from the Mii Maker.
- Delete the user's original Mii from Mii Maker.
Please note: if the deleted Mii was used in other software, the user will have to re-register their new Mii character with each piece of software.
To use the deleted Mii character with Wii Fit U, after transferring all user data, please start Mii Maker on Wii U and select "Copy from Wii Menu".
We apologise sincerely for any inconvenience.