Software update: December 22nd 2015
A software update is now available that introduces new features and adjustments to enhance the overall experience. Please start the game while your Wii U console is connected to the internet to update the software. The software version after this update will be v1.30.
Please note: this update is required in order to use Super Mario Maker's online features.
- Adds new objects, such as the Fire Koopa Clown Car
- Adds integration with the Super Mario Maker Bookmark portal website, allowing for more detailed course searches
- Course information pages now show the first player to clear that particular course, in addition to the fastest clear time
- For courses created before this software update, only the fastest clear time is shown
- Introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.
Please note: 359 MB of available storage is required to perform this software update. Depending on the Wii U hardware pack you own and your use of it, an additional storage device may be required. Please visit our Storage section for details about additional storage devices.