Software update: November 13th 2015
A software update is now available that makes several adjustments to enhance the overall experience. Please start the game while your Wii U console is connected to the internet to update the software. The software version after this update will be 2.3.0.
- New gear has been added and will appear in the shops randomly
Changes to the Ranked Battle results screen
- Changes the order that players appear in on the Ranked Battle result screen. Now players with the greatest win-loss difference (number of wins minus losses) in the last 10 matches played in the current mode are listed first.
- Note: Previously the players who defeated the most opponents came first. This change was made to account for other ways of contributing to victory (which can’t be easily expressed as a value).
- Note: Wins and losses are not recorded for Regular Battles, Splatfest Battles, Squad Battles or Private Battles, and the player order remains unchanged for these modes.
- Note: When a player’s rank changes, their wins and losses are both reset to 0.
- Fixes an issue where if you have a Blaster as your main weapon the shot would not quite reach an opponent, despite the crosshairs on the screen indicating that it would be a hit.
- Changes the distance from which Roller splashes can damage opponent Splash Walls to be the same as that for opponent players.
- Tower Control: Sprinklers placed on the tower will now be destroyed on collision with walls, in the same way that Sprinklers placed on the ground break when hit by the tower.
- Introduces several enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
This update is required in order to play online.
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.
Please note: 779 MB of available storage is required to perform this software update. Depending on the Wii U hardware pack you own and your use of it, an additional storage device may be required. Please visit our Storage section for details about additional storage devices.