Applies to: Wii U
Before entering settings on Wii U, you must know your network's IP address. This is most easily done on a computer that is already connected to your network.
The following steps differ depending on whether you use a Windows or Mac operating system (OS), so please choose the relevant option.
1. Click the Start button, usually located in the bottom-left corner.
2. Type Run into the Start Menu search and press Enter. (If no search is present, a "Run" option should be present instead.)
3. Type CMD and press Enter.
4. Type ipconfig/all and press Enter.
5. Your network’s IP information should now be displayed. The following may be used when connecting your Wii U online:
1. Select "System Preferences" from the Apple icon in the top left corner.
2. Select "Network" under "Internet and Network".
3. On the left side, select the type of connection you are using (Airport, Ethernet, etc.) The active connection should say "Connected".
4. Select "Advanced."
5. Click the TCP/IP button.
6. The router’s IP address is listed as "Router".
7. Your network’s IP information should now be displayed. The following may be used when connecting your Wii U online:
© 2018 Nintendo.