How to Pre-Order Software on Nintendo eShop
In this article, you'll learn how to pre-order software on Nintendo eShop.
You can pre-order select, unreleased Nintendo Switch software on Nintendo eShop. Payment will be processed for the pre-order starting from seven days before the product is released. At that time, the software will be downloaded to your console so that you can access it quickly as soon as it is released.
What to do
- From the HOME Menu, open Nintendo eShop.
- Search for the software you wish to pre-order.
- Select Proceed to Pre-Order.
- Not all software is available for pre-order on Nintendo eShop. Check the official Nintendo website for the latest news on when the software is available for purchase or pre-order.
When will the software be released?
- Select your payment method and enter your payment information if prompted.
- The software will download to your console as long as there is enough storage space.
- When the software is released, you will need to download a small update to unlock and use the software.
- Check when payment will be processed for the pre-order (starting from seven days before the release date for the software), then select Next.
- Select About Pre-Orders to learn more about pre-orders, including how to cancel them.
- Select the payment method you wish to use for the pre-order and enter your payment information if prompted.
- If you have My Nintendo Gold Points, you can choose to use them towards the purchase. All Gold Points held at the time payment is processed will be used towards the purchase, up to the full purchase price of the software. You will not be able to select a specific number of Gold Points to use.
- Eligible upcoming titles can be pre-ordered using a Nintendo Switch Game Voucher. You can view the current list of eligible titles on Nintendo eShop.
- Note: A voucher cannot be redeemed for a pre-order if it expires before the release date for the software.
- Starting from seven days before the release date, your payment method will be charged and the software will be downloaded to your console as long as there is enough storage space. When the software is released, you will need to download a small update to unlock and use the software.
- If your selected payment method fails (for example, if you do not have enough funds), your pre-order will be cancelled and the software will not be downloaded.
- If your Nintendo Switch console was sent in for repairs and was deregistered as the primary console for your Nintendo Account, your pre-order will be suspended for up to 60 days after the release date for the software. Link your Nintendo Account to a Nintendo Switch console and access Nintendo eShop to reactivate your pre-order. Your pre-order will be cancelled if you do not complete these steps within 60 days after the release date for the software.