What is the Purpose of Linking a Nintendo Account to Nintendo Switch?
Each individual player on a Nintendo Switch console can create their own user account (up to 8 per console) to manage personal settings and save data.
Linking a Nintendo Account to a user account also provides access to the following online features:
- Accessing online game modes (online multiplayer, global rankings, etc.)
- Using any applications that require internet access (including Nintendo eShop)
- Making digital purchases of software, DLC and passes via Nintendo eShop
- Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls application to manage Parental Controls through your smart device
- Exchanging friend codes with other players
- Posting screenshots and videos to social network services
- Earning My Nintendo points for your digital purchases as well as for registering your Nintendo Switch game cards on the console
For help linking your Nintendo Account, click here.