Unable to Capture Screenshots
- You are unable to capture screenshots on the Nintendo Switch console.
- A message is displayed indicating you must free up space in order to capture screenshots.
- There is no response when pressing the Capture Button.
What to Do:
- Remove the Nintendo Switch console from the dock and attach the Joy-Con controllers.
- While on the HOME Menu, press the Capture Button on the Joy-Con (L).
- If a message is received about needing to free up space, you can do the following:
- If the issue happens only while using a specific application, it’s possible that the Capture Button is not compatible with that application. Check the software manual.
- If you have verified that the intended application is compatible with the Capture Button, try testing the application using a different Joy-Con controller.
Situation Not Resolved:
- If the Capture Button works properly while using a different Joy-Con (L), then only the non-working Joy-Con (L) will need to be repaired.
- If there is no response with another Joy-Con (L), then the Nintendo Switch console will need to be repaired. For testing purposes include the non-working Joy-Con (L) controller.
Please click here to begin the repair process.