Unable to Adjust Volume on the Console
- While the console is removed from the Nintendo Switch dock, you are unable to adjust the volume on it.
- One or both of the volume buttons are not responding on the Nintendo Switch console.
While the console is docked, the sound from the console speakers will automatically shut off.
What to Do:
- Ensure your console has the latest system version.
- With the console removed from the dock, unplug any headphones from the console.
- If the setting "Mute When Headphones Are Disconnected" is turned on, by unplugging headphones, the sound on the console speakers will be muted until the volume buttons are pressed or until this setting is manually turned off.
- To manually turn this setting off, select "System Settings" > "System" > "Mute When Headphones Are Disconnected".
- Restart the console by holding down the POWER Button for at least 3 seconds, then selecting "Power Options" > "Restart".
- Start a game or application and turn up the volume by using the volume buttons on the console, or adjust the volume from the Quick Settings screen.
- When the console is removed from the dock and either of the volume buttons is pressed, the volume level indicator will be momentarily displayed on the top-left corner of the touch screen.
- Try using a different game or application.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the volume level indicator is not momentarily displayed when either of the volume buttons is pressed, or if the volume cannot be adjusted using the volume buttons or from the Quick Settings screen, the Nintendo Switch console will need to be repaired.