Unable to Set Up a Wired Internet Connection for the Nintendo Switch Dock with LAN Port
The information in this article can help if you are unable to establish a wired internet connection using an Ethernet/LAN cable connected to the LAN port on the Nintendo Switch dock.
Only Nintendo Switch docks with model number HEG-007 include a built-in LAN port. To set up a wired internet connection for Nintendo Switch docks that are model HAC-007, a USB LAN adapter is required. For more information, see the relevant steps in How to Connect to the Internet Using a Wired Connection.
What to do
- Follow all steps in How to Connect to the Internet Using a Wired Connection.
- Connect the Ethernet/LAN cable to a different port on your modem or router.
- Use another internet-capable device to confirm that your network is working.
- If no devices can connect to the internet, contact your internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.
- Try using a different Ethernet/LAN cable.
Situation not resolved
If the issue persists and you have confirmed that other devices can connect to your home network through a wired connection, the dock will need to be repaired.
Please click here to book a repair.