The Nintendo Switch console won't charge, is taking a long time to charge or won't run for very long even with a full charge.
Is the Nintendo Switch console charging correctly?
- A charging symbol will appear on the upper left of the screen when the console begins charging correctly.
Are you using the console in TV mode?
- The console will take longer to charge when it's being used in TV mode, as the battery is consumed faster when outputting to the TV.
Are you using the AC adapter (HAC-002)?
- Please use the Nintendo Switch AC adapter (HAC-002) to charge the console.
Is the AC adapter correctly connected to the console and the power socket?
- Check that the AC adapter is connected correctly. If the console still isn't charging properly, disconnect the AC adapter from the console and the power socket, then wait at least 20 seconds and try again.
Is the console in a place that is too hot or too cold?
- Please charge the console in a place where the temperature is between 5 and 35°C.
Has it been a long time since the console was charged?
- The console's battery is drained even when you're not using it. If too much time passes, the console may become unable to charge. Please charge the console at least once every six months.
Have you been repeatedly charging the console?
- The console's battery life will gradually be reduced with repeated charging. When the battery life becomes extremely short, even if the console still charges correctly, it's a sign that the battery needs to be replaced. If this happens, please submit an online repair ticket to request a battery change.