System Freezes, Locks Up, or Will Not Power Off
- The console appears to be frozen or stops moving, and will not respond.
If this issue is happening specifically with downloaded software, click here.
What to Do:
- With the console undocked, attach the Joy-Con controllers.
- If this issue is happening while the console is in TV mode, verify you are using the Nintendo Switch dock (model No. HAC-007).
- If a different accessory is being used, replacing it with the licensed dock may resolve the problem.
- Hold down the POWER Button for at least 12 seconds to force the console to power off, then remove any game cards or microSD cards.
- Power on the console and perform a system update.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the freezing continues to the point where it affects your game play, we are happy to inspect the console, and repair or replace it as necessary.
Please click here to begin the repair process.