HD Rumble Not Working Correctly or Not Working At All
- The HD rumble or controller vibration seems different in intensity between one Joy-Con and another, or between one game and another.
- The HD rumble or controller vibration seems rather weak or the controller does not vibrate at all.
What to Do:
- Ensure your console has the latest system update.
- Update the controller firmware.
- Check the battery level on the Joy-Con and ensure the battery is charged for each controller.
- Reset the non-working controller by pressing the SYNC Button once (Joy-Con or Pro Controller). Then press any other button to power on the controller again.
- Verify that the Controller Vibration is activated.
- The vibration intensity may vary from one game to another and from one Joy-Con to another. This is normal and does not constitute an issue with this feature or with the controllers.
- If the controller vibration seems significantly different in intensity between two Joy-Con controllers, or between two Pro Controllers, continue using the system for a few weeks and see if it interferes with your gameplay.
- If the controller vibration seems different in intensity between two Joy-Con controllers, continue using the system for a few weeks and see if it interferes with your gameplay.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the Joy-Con or the Pro Controller does not vibrate when the controller vibration is activated, or if there is a significant difference in intensity between the Joy-Con that becomes too distracting or severe, the controller will need to be repaired.