Error codes: 2321-0000 to 2321-9999
The information in this article can help you when you're unable to join an online match with games, such as MONSTER HUNTER RISE, and you receive an error code in the 2321-0000 to 2321-9999 range.
If you are unable to play online matches consistently, your NAT type may be too strict. Troubleshooting for NAT related issues may help improve your ability to connect with other players.
- If the issue persists, check for any maintenance notifications on the Network Maintenance page, then try again after the posted maintenance/service outage has ended.
- Restart the Nintendo Switch console.
Hold the POWER Button down for three seconds, and then select Power Options followed by Restart.
- Manually enter an alternate DNS.
If the DNS you are attempting to use is not working, entering an alternate DNS may resolve this issue.
- Power cycle your home network.
Restarting your network devices may resolve this issue if it is related to the devices being unresponsive.
- Move the Nintendo Switch console closer to the wireless router.
If possible, place the Nintendo Switch console within 3 to 5 metres (10 to 15 feet) of the wireless router to improve the signal strength during troubleshooting.
- It may be helpful to remove the Nintendo Switch console from the Nintendo Switch dock while troubleshooting, and then return the console when troubleshooting is complete.
- Move any metal objects or electronic devices away from your Nintendo Switch console and wireless router.
Metal objects and electronic devices may interfere with wireless signals. If you have any of these, such as filing cabinets, speakers, power strips, glass, or cordless phones, next to your console or wireless router, move them away.
- If supported by your router, connect to a different wireless band.
Many routers support both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequency bands. If your router supports both, set up a new internet connection and connect to the band you are not currently connecting to. Many routers will have default SSID names that label whether the connection is 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, but if you're not sure, you can review this information within your router's settings.
If you would like further assistance with the Nintendo Switch console, please contact us for support.