Error Message: "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu." (Downloaded Software)
The information in this article can help you if you're trying to start a downloaded game on a Nintendo Switch console and receive the error message "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu".
Note: If you receive this error message while using the game card version of the software, please see Game Card Read Issues (Including Error Message: Nothing Inserted in the Game Card Slot).
- Restart the Nintendo Switch console by holding down the POWER Button for at least three seconds, then selecting Power Options and Restart.
- If the console is not responding, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds in order to force the console to shut down. Then power it on again.
- Perform a system update.
- Check for any software updates for the problematic game.
- Check for corrupt data.
- Delete the problematic software and then redownload it.
- If the issue persists and a microSD card is being used with the console, try the following:
Situation not resolved
If the issue persists, please contact us for support.