The IR Motion Camera is not Functioning
The IR Motion Camera on the Joy-Con (R) is not working properly.
What to Do:
- Ensure the Joy-Con (R) is paired to the Nintendo Switch console and check the battery charge for it.
If the battery charge is low or depleted, allow the Joy-Con to charge.
- Verify that the IR Motion Camera is not dirty or obstructed.
If any skins or covers are being used with the Joy-Con, remove them temporarily.
- Ensure the Joy-Con is running the latest controller firmware.
- Follow the steps to check the IR Motion Camera functionality on the Joy-Con (R).
This is supported for the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit software and the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit software only. If you do not have one of these, skip to the next step.
- If the IR Motion Camera seems to not be functioning correctly (the LEDs do not light up), reset the Joy-Con.
Press the SYNC Button once. Then press any other button to power on the controller again.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the issue persists, the Joy-Con (R) will need to be repaired.