Nintendo Switch First-Time Setup and Connection
Instructions on how to set up your Nintendo Switch console for the first time.
Complete These Steps:
- Connect the AC adapter to the console.
- Connect the USB plug from the Nintendo Switch AC adapter into the USB connector on the bottom of the console, then connect the AC adapter into the wall outlet.
- The console will power on after you connect the AC adapter provided.
- Attach the Joy-Con controllers to the Nintendo Switch console.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the first-time setup.
- Some of the settings can be configured later. If you have questions during the setup, please refer to the links within the Related Answers section.
- Select the system language and region settings.
- View the Important Information, then select "Next".
- Configure Internet Settings (optional).
- Press X to configure these settings later.
- Select your time zone.
- Set your user icon and nickname, or Transfer Your User and Save Data**.
- **This option is available for consoles running system version 4.0.0. or higher.
- Configure Parental Controls (optional).
- If desired, you can configure Parental Controls at a later time. Press Skip to complete the first-time setup.