Problems with Download Codes (My Nintendo Reward)
An error occurs when you try to redeem a download code that was issued as a My Nintendo reward (game, theme, or DLC).
What to Do:
- Check your reward order and verify that you are entering the correct download code. How to
- Verify that you are redeeming your download code correctly.
- Games -
- The download code must be redeemed on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch, Wii U or Nintendo 3DS.
- Games can only be redeemed on the system they are for. For example, a Wii U title can only be redeemed on a Wii U console.
- DLC -
- Nintendo Switch content is redeemed in Nintendo eShop. How to
- Wii U content is redeemed in Nintendo eShop.
- Nintendo 3DS content is redeemed within the game that the DLC is for. For help, check the game's e-manual for instructions.
- Themes - The download code must be redeemed within the Theme Shop on a Nintendo 3DS family system.
- Games -
- Make sure the country setting is correct on your Nintendo Switch console, Wii U console or Nintendo 3DS family system.
- A download code for a European game can only be redeemed on a European system.
- If you are attempting to use a download code or system from a different region (a North American download code with a European system, for example), the code will not work.
- For a game or DLC, use your NNID to download it to your system directly.
- Link your NNID to your Nintendo Account (if you haven't already).
- Click "Nintendo eShop" on the reward details page. (The same page where the download code is displayed.)
- Click "Redeem" to automatically download the item to the Wii U console or Nintendo 3DS family system that's associated with your account.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the above steps do not resolve your problem, we will need to research your issue further.
Please contact our Customer Support.