Not Enough Space to Download Nintendo eShop Content on Nintendo Switch
There is not enough space to download digital content/a specific game from Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch.
- Storage requirements vary by game.
- Information about specific game storage requirements (including whether a microSD card is required) is always located on the game packaging (physical versions) and in Nintendo eShop (digital versions).
- You should always verify that you have the required storage space before making your purchase.
What to Do:
- Expand the available space on your Nintendo Switch console by purchasing a microSD card.
- A microSD card can be used to save screenshots and software data, including downloaded software, software updates, and DLC.
- MicroSD cards are available in different sizes, and are also useful for future digital purchases.
- Nintendo does not currently sell microSD cards. However, they are available through many different retailers.
- For information about using microSD cards with your Nintendo Switch console, click here.
- Verify the current amount of storage space on your Nintendo Switch console, and delete or archive files that you are not currently using.
- Game save data is stored in the console’s system memory and cannot be saved or copied to a microSD card. To free up space in the system memory, go to Systems Settings → Data Management → Save Data/Screenshots and Videos.
- Software data (including downloaded software, software updates, and screenshots) can be stored in the system memory or on a microSD card.
- For general information about data management on Nintendo Switch, click here.