Unable to Back Up Save Data to the Server
You are unable to access or use Save Data Cloud on Nintendo Switch.
- Save Data Cloud is available only for Nintendo Switch consoles running system version 6.0.0 or higher.
- An active Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use this service.
- Ensure your Nintendo Switch console is connected to the internet and has the latest system version.
If you are getting an error code, search our database for steps on what to do.
- Verify that the Nintendo Account you are using has an active Nintendo Switch Online membership.
To check your current membership and validity period, click here.
- Verify that the software you are using supports this service.
For more information on how to identify software that supports Save Data Cloud, click here.
- Check for possible outages.
Visit https://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html and check for any posted service maintenance or outages.
- Ensure that the software is not currently in use.
Save data cannot be backed up if the software is left open or in use.
- Manually back up your save data.
If the save data for a different game is currently being backed up, you can wait for that backup to finish, or you can cancel it and manually back up the save data for your most recent game.