Error Code: 2999-8000
- While trying to use a game's online features on Nintendo Switch, error code 2999-8000 is displayed.
- You are prompted to purchase a Nintendo Switch Online membership, despite having an active membership.
Complete These Steps:
- Restart the console by holding down the POWER Button for three seconds, then select “Power Options” > “Restart”. (Putting the console into sleep mode will not suffice - you will need to restart the console completely.)
- Launch the game from the HOME Menu. When prompted to choose a user, select a user linked to a Nintendo Account with an active Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- If you’re not sure if your account has an active membership, you can check your current membership status.
Try accessing the online feature again. The game should now recognise your active membership and allow you to proceed.