Error Code: 2811-6056
- When trying to redeem a code for a Nintendo Switch Online individual membership, you receive the error code 2811-6056.
- Error Message: "This code cannot be redeemed while you have a family membership."
- This error message will appear if you try to redeem a code for a Nintendo Switch Online individual membership when you already belong to a family membership. If you already belong to a family membership, you cannot purchase, redeem a code for, or change to an individual membership. [More info]
What to Do:
- If you purchased the family membership, you will need to wait until your current membership expires and redeem the code then. (Make sure that you’ve terminated automatic renewal for the family membership so it is not renewed.)
- If someone else in your family group purchased the family membership, you can leave the family group and redeem the code for an individual membership for yourself. You will still retain access to the same Nintendo Switch Online features (like your Save Data Cloud backup files).
- Codes for the Nintendo Switch Online membership do not expire. If you can’t redeem a code currently, you can redeem it once your family membership has expired.