Nintendo Account Overview
- Only users age 16 or older can create their own Nintendo Account.
- Accounts for children under age 16 can be added to a Nintendo Account family group by their parent / guardian.
- Parents/guardians can supervise Nintendo Accounts of any age. Nintendo eShop purchase and content restrictions can be applied to supervised accounts through Nintendo Account Parental Controls.
- An e-mail address can only be linked to one Nintendo Account.
- For answers to frequently asked questions about Nintendo Accounts, click here.
A Nintendo Account is an account that is required for using certain services from Nintendo, such as Nintendo Switch online services (including access to Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch), off-device software purchases and the My Nintendo loyalty service. Nintendo Accounts can also be used with smart device applications (like Super Mario Run). For more information about the My Nintendo rewards programme, click here.
Your Nintendo Account can be linked to other accounts, such as your Nintendo Network ID, Facebook, Twitter, or Google account. You can then use those accounts' user name and password to sign in to your Nintendo Account. If you don't want to use or don't have one of the accounts listed above, you can still create a Nintendo Account using your e-mail address.
- In order to use any of the console’s online features (including access to Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch), you must first create or link a Nintendo Account.
- Purchases made on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch are tied to your Nintendo Account.
- You can link your Nintendo Account to multiple Nintendo Switch consoles.
- For additional information about Nintendo Accounts on Nintendo Switch, click here.
Purchasing Games Through the Website:
- You can use your Nintendo Account to purchase games for Nintendo Switch, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS family systems through the Nintendo website.
- For Wii U and Nintendo 3DS game purchases, you will also need to link a Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- Once you have made your purchase, your game will automatically be downloaded to the system associated with your Nintendo Account or Nintendo Network ID.
- For additional information about purchases through the the official Nintendo website, click here.
My Nintendo Rewards Programme:
- You can use your Nintendo Account to earn My Nintendo points by playing apps on your smart devices, buying digital games for Nintendo Switch, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS family systems, and buying physical games for Nintendo Switch.
- My Nintendo points can be redeemed for My Nintendo rewards such as digital content and game discounts.
- For additional information about My Nintendo, click here.