Nintendo Account Overview
The ability to use a Nintendo Network ID, Facebook or Twitter account to sign in to an existing Nintendo Account or to create a new Nintendo Account has been discontinued. We apologise for any inconvenience.
If you are having difficulties signing in to your Nintendo Account and previously used one of these services, please refer to the following:
- Unable to Sign In to Nintendo Account Using Nintendo Network ID.
- Unable to Sign In to Nintendo Account Using Facebook or Twitter.
- A Nintendo Account can be created for free (no cost involved).
- Only users age 16 or older can create their own Nintendo Account.
- Accounts for children under age 16 can be added to a Nintendo Account family group by their parent/guardian.
- Parents/guardians can supervise Nintendo Accounts of any age. Nintendo eShop purchase and content restrictions can be applied to supervised accounts using Parental Controls.
- An email address can only be linked to one Nintendo Account.
- For answers to frequently asked questions about Nintendo Accounts, click here.
A Nintendo Account is an account that is required for using certain services from Nintendo, such as Nintendo Switch online services (including access to Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch), off-device software purchases and the My Nintendo rewards programme. Nintendo Accounts can also be used with smart device applications (like Super Mario Run). For more information about the My Nintendo rewards programme, click here.
Your Nintendo Account can be linked to other accounts, such as your Google or Apple accounts. You can then use those accounts' username and password to sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- You can also link your Nintendo Network ID in order to combine your Nintendo eShop balances.
If you don't want to use or don't have one of the accounts listed above, you can still create a Nintendo Account using your email address.
In order to create and use a Nintendo Account and the associated services, you must agree to the Nintendo Account User Agreement.
- In order to use any of the console’s online features (including access to Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch), you must first create or link a Nintendo Account.
- Purchases made on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch are tied to your Nintendo Account.
- You can link your Nintendo Account to multiple Nintendo Switch consoles.
- For additional information about Nintendo Accounts on Nintendo Switch, click here.
Warning: Funds and content are tied to your Nintendo Account and cannot be transferred to any other person, account or entity. They are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or credit.
Online Game Store:
- You can use your Nintendo Account to purchase games for Nintendo Switch through the Nintendo website.
- Once you have made your purchase, your game will automatically be downloaded to the console associated with your Nintendo Account.
- For additional information about purchases through the official Nintendo website, click here.