Joy-Con Not Responding or Responding Incorrectly When Used Wirelessly
- When using the Joy-Con controllers wirelessly, the characters seem to move on their own or do not respond correctly.
- When used wirelessly, the Joy-Con controllers respond intermittently.
- The Joy-Con controller appears to lose connection with the console.
What to Do:
Try these steps:
- Ensure your console has the latest system version.
- Ensure the Joy-Con controllers are charged.
- Decrease the distance between the Joy-Con and the Nintendo Switch console.
- Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is placed to minimize interference with the Joy-Con. It is best if the Nintendo Switch console is placed out in the open and that it is not:
- Behind a TV
- Near an aquarium
- Placed in or under a metal object
- Pressed against a large amount of wires and cords
- Within three to four feet (one to two meters) of another wireless device, such as a wireless speaker or a wireless access point.
- Check for possible sources of interference and turn them off. Interference can be caused by devices, such as:
- Laptops, tablets, etc.
- Wireless headsets
- Wireless printers
- Wireless speakers
- Cordless phones
- USB 3.0-compatible devices such as hard drives, thumb drives, LAN adapters, etc.
In most cases it will be enough to move these devices three to four feet (1-1.5 meters) away from the Nintendo Switch console and/or Joy-Con controllers. However, if you continue to experience this issue, please power these devices off while using the Nintendo Switch console.