Information on Changing a Nintendo Switch Online Membership Type (Individual or Family)
- If you want to change the validity period for your current membership, click here.
Please use the information below to see if there is a solution that works for your situation.
- If you already have an individual membership and want to upgrade to a family membership, click here.
- There is not an automated way to change membership types.
- If you have an individual membership, you can still purchase or be added to a family membership.
- Make sure that you've so that the individual membership doesn't begin again.
- Family and individual membership validity periods cannot be combined - if you purchase one of each, you will receive whichever validity period is longer. (For more information, .)
- If you have both an individual and a family membership and you want to combine memberships, click here.
- There is not an automated way to combine the remaining validity periods between two different types of memberships.
- If someone else in your family group purchased the family membership, you can leave the family group. You will still be covered on your individual membership until its validity period ends.
- Make sure that you’ve , so the individual membership doesn’t begin again.
- If you purchased an individual membership and then a family membership, you will receive whichever is longer - the remaining validity period for the family membership or the remaining validity period for your individual membership. [More info]
- If you are already part of a family membership and want to change to an individual membership, click here.
- There is not an automated way to change one type of membership to another.
- It is not possible to purchase an individual membership when you’re part of a family membership.
- If someone else in your family group purchased the family membership, you can leave the family group and purchase an individual membership for yourself.
- If you purchased the family membership, you will need to wait until your current membership ends and purchase the other one.
- If you want to change to an individual membership when the family membership you purchased ends, make sure that you’ve terminated so the family membership doesn’t begin again.
- Keep in mind that anyone else in your family group will also lose access to the service when your membership ends.
- For additional assistance with your membership plan, please contact us.