Information About Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC
You can now purchase the Splatoon 2™: Octo Expansion – a new single-player adventure that spans 80 missions and gives you the ability to play as an Octoling for the very first time! When you purchase Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion, you’ll also receive immediate access to special Octo-themed in-game gear (Studio Octophones & Octo Layered LS) – this new gear is available for you right away!
The Octo Expansion DLC was released on 13 June 2018.
For additional information, click here.
How it works:
- Make sure that your Nintendo Account is set to a country/region that is compatible with your version of Splatoon 2.
- To confirm which countries/regions your game is compatible with, please open the Options menu for the game from the HOME Menu (highlight the game and press the + Button), then select “Support Information”.
- When you purchase DLC, your Nintendo Account must be set to a country/region that appears in the “Support Information” for Splatoon 2.
- If you purchase DLC with a Nintendo Account set to a different country/region, it will not work with your version of the game.
- Access Nintendo eShop and purchase the Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC.
- The DLC will be available in Splatoon 2 as soon as your DLC is downloaded. (You can check the HOME Menu on Nintendo Switch for the current download progress.)
What if my DLC isn’t appearing?
- The full Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion (including the Studio Octophones and Octo Layered LS bonus items) will be available as soon as the DLC is downloaded.
- Check the Splatoon 2 icon on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu for current download progress. Once the progress bar is full, the DLC will be available in your game.
- Make sure your game is updated to the latest version.
- The entrance to the new mission is in the alleyway in the upper-right corner of Inkopolis. You will be prompted to "Listen closely..." as you approach the silver gate. Choose "Enter" to begin your new adventure!
- For the Splatoon 2 bonus items, you will be prompted to open a package when you start Splatoon 2 after purchasing the DLC. From Inkopolis Square, press the + Button to see your new gear. The Studio Octophones are in the “Head” section, and the Octo Layered LS is in the “Clothes” section.
- If the DLC is still not appearing or you are being prompted to purchase it again in Nintendo eShop, you may have purchased DLC for a country/region that is incompatible with your version of Splatoon 2.
- To confirm which countries/regions your game is compatible with, please open the Options menu for the game from the HOME Menu, then select “Support Information”.
- Visit https://accounts.nintendo.com and sign in with the Nintendo Account that you used to make the purchase. Verify that the country/region for your account matches the compatible regions for your version of the game.
- If the regions do not match, the DLC you purchased will not work with your version of the game. Please contact us for additional assistance.