How to Use amiibo Figures (Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
Instructions on using amiibo figures in Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Nintendo Switch.
You can use amiibo figures in the game as follows:
- You will be able to scan amiibo figures after you have unlocked the amiibo rune in the game (usually about 45 minutes into gameplay).
- If the consumer asks how to unlock the amiibo rune, explain that discovering this for oneself is part of the fun of the game and, in any case, we do not offer in-game support.
- You can use each amiibo figure once per day (per Nintendo Account).
- Wolf Link – Use this amiibo to make Wolf Link appear in the game. Wolf Link will attack enemies on his own and help you find items you’re searching for.
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Zelda 30th Anniversary series amiibo – Use these amiibo to receive helpful in-game items (like fish and plants) or even a treasure chest.
- For a list of compatible figures, click here.
Complete These Steps:
- After you have unlocked the amiibo rune in the game, press the + Button to open the in-game Menu.
- Press the R Button to access the System Menu.
- Select “Options”, then change the amiibo setting to "Use amiibo" to enable that power.
- Once you have enabled amiibo, press the Up Button at any point while playing the game to access your list of abilities.
- Select the amiibo icon from the list to set that as your current ability.
- Once the amiibo icon is set, exit the menu and press the L Button to activate the skill.
- A glowing sphere will appear where you can "aim" the amiibo. Aim the sphere where you want the amiibo item to be, then hold the amiibo figure over the right control stick to scan it. The amiibo item will appear there.
- Some amiibo items (like Epona) will only appear randomly. If you don't get what you want one day, you can try scanning the amiibo again the next day.