How to Update Nintendo Switch in Recovery Mode
Instructions on updating the Nintendo Switch console while in recovery mode.
This method should only be used if you are unable to perform a system update from within System Settings.
Recovery mode cannot be accessed if the console is powered on or in sleep mode.
Complete These Steps:
- Ensure the console is powered off.
- If the console does not respond, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds to force it to shut down.
- With the console powered off, hold down the volume up and volume down buttons, then press the POWER Button to turn the console on.
- Be sure to keep pressing down the volume buttons until the recovery mode menu is displayed.
- Once in recovery mode, select “Update System" and follow the prompts to complete this process.
- If a Parental Controls PIN has been set for the console, you will be prompted to enter it. (Forgot PIN?)