How to Transfer Screenshots and Video Captures to a Computer Via a USB Cable
In this article, you'll learn how to transfer game screenshots and video captures from a Nintendo Switch console to a computer using a USB cable.
- Game screenshots and video captures can be transferred from a Nintendo Switch console to a computer using a USB cable that supports data transfer (sold separately).
- The feature Copy to PC via USB Connection can be used with Windows OS, but not with an operating system that does not support Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), such as iOS.
- For non-Windows environments, you may be able to use this feature by installing (on your computer) a software for MTP support. Install software on your computer at your own risk. Nintendo cannot guarantee the use of any software nor can we provide information on software for MTP support.
- If you are unable to use the feature Copy to PC via USB Connection, you may use a microSD card to transfer the screenshots and video captures.
- There are no restrictions on the number of screenshots and video captures that can be transferred at one time using a USB cable.
- For steps on transferring game screenshots and video captures wirelessly, you may find this information helpful.
Complete these steps
- From the HOME Menu, select System Settings, then select Data Management.
- Select Manage Screenshots and Videos, then Copy to PC via USB Connection.
- Connect your Nintendo Switch console to a computer using a USB cable (sold separately).
- The USB cable must be connected directly to the USB Type-C™ connector at the bottom of the Nintendo Switch console (the USB ports on the dock do not support this feature).
- Once connected to your computer, select the screenshots and/or videos to transfer.
Important: The exact sequence of steps may vary from PC to PC.