How to Start a Multiplayer Game (Super Mario Odyssey)
Instructions on setting up a multiplayer game in Super Mario Odyssey.
- When playing a 2-player game, Player 1 controls Mario while Player 2 controls Cappy.
Complete These Steps:
- At any point during gameplay, press the + Button (Menu).
- Select “Two Players”, then press the A Button (“Start in Two-Player Mode”).
- Decide who will be Mario and who will be Cappy, and choose the controller type for each player (each player can use a single Joy-Con, a pair of Joy-Con controllers, or a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller).
- For players using a single Joy-Con, hold the controller horizontally and press the SL Button and SR Button on top.
- For players using both Joy-Con controllers, hold them vertically and press the L Button and R Button on top.
- For players using the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, press the L and R shoulder buttons.
- Once the controllers are set for each player, have Player 1 press the button indicated on the screen to continue.