How to Set Up a Multiplayer Game (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
Instructions on setting up a 2-player co-op multiplayer game.
- Multiplayer allows two players with one copy of the game to battle co-operatively using a split screen.
- The multiplayer option will become available after you complete the first battle scenario in Legend Mode.
- Multiplayer is available in Legend Mode, Free Mode, and Challenge Mode.
Complete These Steps:
- After completing the first battle in Legend Mode, press any button on the game’s title screen to access the main menu.
- Select “Legend Mode”, “Free Mode” or “Challenge Mode”.
- Select a game scenario to play.
- On the “Select Warrior” screen, press the Left Stick to open the multiplayer controller selection screen.
- Choose the controller type for each player (each player can use a single Joy-Con, a pair of Joy-Con controllers, or a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller).
- For players using a single Joy-Con, hold the controller horizontally and press the SL Button and SR Button on top.
- For players using both Joy-Con controllers, hold them vertically and press the L Button and R Button on top.
- For players using the Pro Controller, press the L and R shoulder buttons.
- Once the controllers are set for each player, have player 1 press the button indicated on the screen to continue.
- For players using a single Joy-Con, you may need to press the X Button (instead of the button displayed onscreen) depending on your controller configuration.
- Have player 1 press the A Button (or Down Button) to confirm that player 2 has joined the party.
- Have player 1 select the warriors and weapons for the party. (There may be up to 3 characters in the party, but only 2 players will control them.)
- Once the stage has finished loading, have player 1 press the + Button or the – Button to continue.
- Have both players select “Start Battle” to begin.