How to Reset amiibo Data
Instructions for erasing all data from an amiibo figure on the Nintendo Switch console, including game data, user data, and nickname data.
Complete These Steps:
- From the HOME Menu select “System Settings,” then scroll down the menu on the left-hand side and select “amiibo”.
- Select the data you would like to delete.
- To delete game data only, select “Delete Game Data.”
- To delete all data on the amiibo, select “Reset amiibo”.
- Hold an amiibo to the NFC touchpoint:
- On the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch – OLED Model consoles, this is located over the control stick on the Right Joy-Con.
- On Nintendo Switch Lite, this is located over the right control stick.
- On the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, this is located over the Nintendo Switch logo at the top-center of the controller.
- Review the data to be deleted, then select “OK.”
Important:Once the data has been deleted, it cannot be restored.
- To continue, select “Reset”, then hold the amiibo steady on the NFC touchpoint until the data has been deleted.