How to Reset amiibo Data
Instructions for erasing all data from an amiibo on the Nintendo Switch console, including game data, user data, and nickname data.
Complete These Steps:
- From the HOME Menu, select “System Settings”, then scroll down the menu on the left-hand side and select “amiibo”.
- Select the data you would like to delete.
- To delete game data only, select “Delete Game Data”.
- To delete all data on the amiibo, select “Reset amiibo”.
- Hold an amiibo to the NFC touchpoint on the Joy-Con (R).
- If the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is being used, the NFC touchpoint is located over the Nintendo Switch logo at the top-centre of the controller.
- Review the data to be deleted, then select “OK”.
Important:Once the data has been deleted, it cannot be restored.
- To continue, select “Reset”, then hold the amiibo to the NFC touchpoint until the data has been deleted.