How to Replace the Stand
Instructions for removing and/or replacing the stand on the back of the Nintendo Switch console.
- There is a stand located on the back of the Nintendo Switch console which allows you to play in tabletop mode.
- The adjustable stand on Nintendo Switch – OLED Model systems is not replaceable. If you are experiencing an issue with the adjustable stand on your system, see our information on Nintendo Switch – OLED Model Adjustable Stand is Loose or Broken.
- While the stand is removable, it is not meant to be removed repeatedly.
- Before removing or replacing the stand, ensure that the console is powered off or in sleep mode.
- The stand is not present on Nintendo Switch Lite systems.
Complete These Steps:
To remove the stand:
- Gently flip open the stand until it clicks into place.
- Gently but firmly hold the stand from the side that attaches to the console, then carefully pop it off to the side.
To replace the stand:
- Place the console on a soft, flat surface with the LCD screen facing down.
- Position the stand over the stand slot as shown below, then gently press down until it clicks into place.