How to Register an amiibo and Give it a Nickname
Instructions for registering an amiibo on the Nintendo Switch console and giving it a nickname.
Complete These Steps:
- Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console has the latest system version.
- From the HOME Menu, select "System Settings", then scroll down the menu on the left-hand side and select "amiibo".
- Select "Register Owner and Nickname".
- Hold an amiibo to the NFC touchpoint on the Joy-Con (R).
- If the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is being used, the NFC touchpoint is located over the Nintendo Switch logo at the top-centre of the controller.
If the Pro Controller is connected to the Nintendo Switch console using the USB charging cable, and Pro Controller Wired Communication is set to ON, the NFC touchpoint on the controller will be disabled.
- Select an owner for the amiibo from the existing users on the console, or create a new user by selecting "Create Mii".
- If the amiibo already has a registered owner and nickname, this will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter a nickname for your amiibo, then select "OK".
- The nickname can be up to 10 characters long and can include up to five numbers.
- Select "OK", then hold the amiibo figure to the NFC touchpoint until the registration is complete.