How to Redeem a Nintendo eShop Download Code Online
Instructions on how to redeem a Nintendo eShop download code online.
- A Nintendo Account is required to redeem download codes online.
- If you are redeeming a download code on a Wii U console or Nintendo 3DS system, you must also link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account.
- If you are redeeming a download code for Nintendo Switch content, you must first access Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch using your Nintendo Account at least once.
- Note: If you would like to redeem your download code directly on your Nintendo Switch console, please see our information on redeeming a download code on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch.
- On Nintendo 3DS, download codes for in-game DLC and themes cannot be redeemed online.
- In-game DLC must be redeemed within the specific Nintendo 3DS game.
- Theme download codes must be redeemed in the Theme Shop on your Nintendo 3DS system.
What to Do:
- Using a browser, visit https://ec.nintendo.com/redeem/#/
- Select "Sign in" and enter your Nintendo Account email address and password, and then select "Sign In".
- If you are already signed in, check the user information in the top-right corner to confirm you are signed in with the correct Nintendo Account.
- Enter your 16-digit download code and then select "Next".
- Re-enter your Nintendo Account password when prompted, then select "Redeem" to complete the process.
- A confirmation email will also be sent to the email address registered to your Nintendo Account once this process is completed.