How to Redeem a Download Code for DLC (Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass or Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass)
In this article, you'll learn how to redeem the download code for Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass or Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass.
The digital download code for Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass or Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass allows you to select which expansion pass you want when you redeem the code.
- Pokémon Sword is required to access the Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass content, and Pokémon Shield is required to access the Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass content.
Complete these steps
- Select Nintendo eShop on the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch console.
- Select the account you want to redeem the content on.
- Select Enter Code on the left side of the screen.
- Enter the 16-character download code and select OK.
- Select which expansion pass you want from the Available Products list.
- Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass is only compatible with Pokémon Sword.
- Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass is only compatible with Pokémon Shield.
- Select Proceed.
- Select Redeem to redeem the download code and begin downloading the content.
- You can check the download status on the HOME Menu.
- From the purchase confirmation screen, you can view your download codes for an in-game Pikachu Uniform Set and Eevee Uniform Set.
- These codes can also be viewed in the receipt you received via email or in your Nintendo eShop Purchase History.
- These codes can only be redeemed using the in-game Mystery Gift feature in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield.
- After redeeming the codes, the uniform sets can be accessed by visiting the fitting room in any in-game boutique.
- The expansion pass content will become available at the time it is released and after the game has been updated to the most recent version.
- Isle of Armor: Available by 30 June 2020.
- Crown Tundra: Available by 30 November 2020.