How to Link a Nintendo Account to Nintendo Switch
Instructions on linking a Nintendo Account to an existing user account on Nintendo Switch.
Important: The ability to use a Nintendo Network ID to sign in to an existing Nintendo Account or to create a new Nintendo Account has been discontinued. We apologise for any inconvenience. If you are having difficulties signing in to your Nintendo Account and previously used a Nintendo Network ID, information is available on accessing your Nintendo Account.
- For help creating a new user account on Nintendo Switch, click here.
- Once a Nintendo Account is linked to the account, the system's online features will be available.
- Nintendo Accounts for children (age 15 and under) must be created through the supervising account. Once the child account has been created, it can be linked to Nintendo Switch.
Complete These Steps:
- At any point after you have created a user account select "System Settings” on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to highlight "Users,” then select the appropriate user account to access the Profile Settings.
- Select "Link Nintendo Account.”
Do you have an existing Nintendo Account or do you need to create a new one?
- Select "Create Account” to set up a new Nintendo Account.
- Optional - On the following screen, you can request an e-mail with instructions to link your Nintendo Account with a confirmation code. If you would like to have instructions sent to you, click here for help using this alternate method. (This is not required.)
- On your PC or smart device, visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create a Nintendo Account.
- Once you have created the Nintendo Account, return to the Nintendo Switch and click "Sign in.”
- Select the sign in information for your Nintendo Account:
- "Sign in using e-mail address or User ID” - Enter the e-mail address or User ID and password associated to your account, then click "Sign in.”
- "Sign in using a different account” - Click the appropriate service (Twitter, Facebook, or Google) and enter your log in information for the service.
- If you have forgotten your Nintendo Account sign in information, click here.
- Select "Link" to link your Nintendo Account to the user account on the console.
- Once the Nintendo Account is linked, it can't be unlinked or changed for that user account.
- You will receive a confirmation message that your Nintendo Account is now linked to your user account. Click "OK” to return to the system settings.