How to Earn My Nintendo Points (Gold, Platinum, Etc)
There are many ways to earn My Nintendo points:
- Platinum Points:
- Regular Platinum Points can be earned by completing missions related to the My Nintendo service.
- For a current list of active missions, Click Here. Missions related to smart device or tablet applications can also be viewed on device.
- Platinum Points related to an application (like Super Mario Run Platinum Points) can be earned by completing missions related to smart device or tablet applications.
- Gold Points:
- Digital Software:
- Gold Points can be earned by purchasing eligible digital games for Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, and Wii U or DLC for Nintendo Switch from the official Nintendo website, Nintendo eShop, or by redeeming a retailer-issued download code.
- Gold Points can be earned by purchasing sets of Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers, but not by redeeming vouchers.
- Purchases made on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS or Wii U, or on the Nintendo website (where available) automatically earn Gold Points worth the equivalent of 5% of the total paid amount (excluding points or discounts used).
- All digital titles for Nintendo Switch, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS that are available through Nintendo eShop qualify for Gold Points.
- When purchasing a downloadable game for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, you must link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account before making your purchase to earn Gold Points for the game.
- Physical Software:
- Gold Points can be earned by registering physical game cards for Nintendo Switch. (Physical software for other consoles/systems does not qualify for Gold Points.)
- For physical software, points are awarded at 1% of the Nintendo eShop price for the digital version of the game.
- Gold Points for physical games must be claimed within one year of the game’s original release date.
- A game card can only be redeemed one time. If it has already been redeemed by one Nintendo Account, it cannot be redeemed again with a different one.
- For help redeeming My Nintendo points for a physical game, Click Here.
- Physical software for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, DLC for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, Nintendo Switch Online membership purchases and automatic renewal, passes, in-game items, virtual currency, and themes do not qualify for Gold Points.
- Digital Software:
- My Nintendo Point Codes: