How to Download Save Data Backups
Instructions on downloading save data backups to a Nintendo Switch console.
- A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use this feature.
- When downloading a backup from the Save Data Cloud, the existing save data on the console for that game will be overwritten and cannot be recovered.
Save data backups can be downloaded from the details menu for a software title or from within System Settings.
Complete These Steps:
- To download a backup from the details menu:
- Open the software's details menu and select "Save Data Cloud".
- Select the desired user, then select "Download Save Data".
- To download a backup from within System Settings:
- From the HOME Menu, select "System Settings" > "Data Management" > "Save Data Cloud".
- Select the desired user, then choose the backup file you wish to download.
- Select “Download Save Data”.