How to Delete All Content & Settings on the Nintendo Switch Console
Instructions on how to format the Nintendo Switch console and delete all settings.
- Please review the information about what will be lost when you delete all data from the console. Deleted data cannot be recovered.
- If you would only like to delete certain data, you can use the Data Management section of the System Settings.
- An internet connection is required to format the console.
- Any associated Nintendo Accounts will still exist after the console is formatted, and can be re-linked to a Nintendo Switch console and/or managed through http://accounts.nintendo.com.
Complete These Steps:
- Select “System Settings” on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to “System” and select it.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the menu and select “Formatting Options”.
- If a Parental Controls PIN has been set for the console, you will be prompted to enter it to proceed. (Forgot PIN?)
- Select “Restore Factory Settings” to delete all data in the system memory.
- Read through the information on the screen, then select “Next” to continue.
- Select “Restore Factory Settings” to complete the process.