How to Connect a LAN Adapter to Nintendo Switch
Instructions on how to connect a USB LAN adapter to a Nintendo Switch dock.
- The Nintendo Switch console supports the Wii LAN Adapter (Model RVL 015) and officially licensed LAN adapters.
- The Nintendo Switch console must be placed in the Nintendo Switch dock when using a LAN adapter to connect to the internet.
Complete These Steps:
- Insert the LAN adapter into the USB port on the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the LAN adapter, and connect the other end to a network port on your modem or wired router.
Important:Ensure that you have connected the LAN adapter into a LAN port, and not the Internet/WAN port. In most situations, routers will have multiple LAN ports which may be numbered (e.g. four ports labeled 1 through 4).
- If you are connecting directly to a modem:
- Remove any other devices that are currently connected to your modem, including any devices connected with a USB cable.
- Power cycle your modem by unplugging the power from your modem for 30 seconds, and then plugging the power back in.