How to Change Control Options in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
In this article, you'll learn how to select your preferred control scheme in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD.
- Motion controls are only available when playing in TV mode or tabletop mode with two detached Joy-Con controllers.
- When playing with motion controls, point the right Joy-Con controller at the centre of the screen and press the Y Button if you need to recalibrate for more precise motion controls.
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD features immersive swordplay where Link's in-game sword movements correspond to the angle of each motion you make with the Joy-Con controller in motion controls mode or to each movement of the right control stick in button-only mode.
What to do
Do you want to play using motion controls or button-only controls?
The game will default to motion controls when you start it with two detached Joy-Con controllers. If you started the game using button-only controls and you wish to change to motion controls, follow the steps below.
- Pair a Joy-Con (L) and a Joy-Con (R) to your Nintendo Switch console.
- During gameplay, press the + Button to open the Gear menu, then access Options and select Motion Controls.
- You can also access the Options menu from the file selection screen before opening your save file.