How to Activate/Deactivate Tilt Controls (Mario Kart 8 Deluxe)
Instructions for activating and deactivating tilt controls in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Tilt controls allow you to steer your racing vehicle by tilting the Joy-Con to the left or right as opposed to steering with the control stick.
Complete these steps:
- From the main menu, select the game mode you want to play (Single Player, Multiplayer, Online Play or Wireless Play).
- Set up the race until you reach the point where you select a car. (This is right after you've selected your character.)
- On the car selection screen, press the + Button or - Button to display the car's stats. The icon in the top centre of the stat window is for tilt controls.
- You can also reach this option during a race by pressing the + or - Button.
- Press the button shown next to the tilt controls icon to toggle this feature on or off.
- A yellow curved arrow will appear over the icon when the feature is on.