How Long Does the Battery Charge Last?
As with most lithium-ion batteries, the console battery life will gradually decrease over time. After about 800 charge cycles, the console battery life will decrease to about 80% compared to the battery on a new console. This is normal and does not represent an issue with the console or with the battery.
- The Nintendo Switch console takes approximately 3 hours to fully charge when the console is powered off or in sleep mode. Charging time will be longer if the console is in use.
- Once fully charged, the battery duration for the console varies depending on model and on the software application and functions being used.
- For the original model of the Nintendo Switch console, the battery life is approximately 2.5 to 6.5 hours.
- For the updated model of the Nintendo Switch console, the battery life is approximately 4.5 to 9 hours.
- For Nintendo Switch Lite, the battery life is approximately 3 to 7 hours.