Held Funds, Double or Pending Charges
- The credit card statement or account balance shows a pending transaction, but the order did not appear to go through (for example, funds aren't appearing in Nintendo eShop).
- A purchase appears to have gone through multiple times on a credit card statement or account balance.
- A pending charge may appear on your credit card or bank account statement if you attempted to place an order that was not completed.
- This will happen if your credit card was declined - usually due to incorrect billing address, unregistered gift card, or insufficient funds on the account.
- A pending charge is a temporary hold that is placed by your bank to ensure funds are available when your order is processed.
- Your card has not actually been charged for pending transactions.
- Nintendo does not charge your card until your order ships or the Nintendo eShop purchase is completed.
- If the order does not complete, your bank will release the hold on your funds in accordance with the timeframe set by your bank. (Usually within 14 days, based on your card issuer’s policies.)
- No action is needed on your part to release the hold on the funds. Your card will not be charged for canceled orders, and your bank will release the funds within the timeframe it has set.
- When you make a purchase on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch, you will usually receive two email receipts - one to document the credit card transaction and one to document the game purchase. If you have received more email receipts than expected, click here for more information.
- If you have additional questions about the status of a pending charge, please contact the company that issued your credit, debit, or gift card.
Additional Tips & Info:
- For digital purchases, this is often the result of the billing address being entered incorrectly. Verify that you are entering the correct billing information. How to
- If you are using a prepaid gift card to make your purchase, make sure that you have registered the gift card first. For assistance with registering your gift card, please contact the company that issued the card.
- If a charge is declined, please check with your card issuer before making additional attempts. If there is an issue that still needs to be corrected, attempting to place the order again will likely result in additional failed orders and pending transactions.
Search the Support section