General Troubleshooting Issues (Fortnite)
General troubleshooting for account and matchmaking issues with Fortnite (Nintendo Switch).
- Always make sure your game is updated to the latest version. For the latest information about patches and updates for Fortnite, please visit Epic's dedicated Fortnite webpage.
- Error Message: "That wasn’t supposed to happen - trouble talking to the match maker".
- Error Message: “This Fortnite account is associated with a platform which does not allow it to operate on Nintendo Switch".
- If the Epic account you are attempting to use was previously linked to a PSN account (Playstation Network), it cannot be linked to a Nintendo Account. You will need to create a new Epic account to link your Nintendo Account.
- For help linking your Nintendo Account to your Epic account, please visit Epic Game's Support for details.
- “Access Denied” page on accounts.nintendo.com when confirming the sharing of data.
- This can occur when a link in the confirmation e-mail contains special characters.
- Please copy the full confirmation URL and paste it into your browser instead of clicking the link.
Situation Not Resolved:
- If the information above did not resolve the issue, please visit Epic Game's support site for additional assistance.