General Problems With Physical Software (Including Error Message: Nothing Inserted in the Game Card Slot)
- A game card is inserted in the console but the software application cannot be opened or started.
- A message is displayed which reads: “Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu".
- A message is displayed which reads: "Insert the game card".
What to Do:
- Ensure your console has the latest system version.
- Power off the console and remove the game card.
- Verify that the game card is compatible with Nintendo Switch.
- Reinsert the game card and power on the console.
- Attempt to start the game or software application.
- If the issue persists, perform a system update to see if this resolves the issue.
- Try using a different game card for Nintendo Switch.
- If a second game card works, then the non-working game card will need to be replaced.
Situation Not Resolved:
If multiple game cards cannot be read, the console will need to be repaired. Be sure to include at least two of the problematic game cards.